Saturday 22 July 2006

It's just a matter of time...

Before I get back to work on projects!

I have started a new job at the local regional care home and been working rather regularly (though I am casual). I am trying hard not to make too many mistakes-I feel sorry for the old people who have to put up with me learning. I do make pretty good money at it, plus I am in the health region now so maybe I will be able to get on at the hospital.

I FINALLY received my paintstiks (!!!!) which were ordered back in May and sent to me twice, and now I can start work on Athanasius. It has taken many more months than I expected to assemble the materials for that.

On the CIP front, I have had this one 90% finished for a few weeks (heh), finally got the central logo on there.



A Matter of Time, acrylic, ink and pen

This is one of the Mayan calendars, the Tzolkin (calendar round). I wanted a rounded mandala style for this piece and felt the Mayan would be suitable, as this was a highly advanced ritualistic society which mysteriously devolved and disappeared, almost lost forever in the process. It seemed fitting to use not only a system of measuring time, but the system of a society whose time ran out long before the auspicious 2012 forcasted date. One never does know when one's time is up.



Well, alright, and I think Mayan stuff looks cool. If anyone wants a stela style date, I have been known to make them...:)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Char, I was wondering what you were up to. Last week while perusing my craft books I looked at your quilt in the magazine again. I am still so impressed!

It's good to hear your job is working out and may lead to bigger and better things. Your mandala is gorgeous, as is everything you post!

Sarah

Char said...

Thanks Sarah-it's a good thing one of us still has that copy of QA-I have lost mine somewhere in my house...