Tuesday 22 November 2005

Indian Princess

I made this quilt about a month ago for a swap on the quiltart list. As it was annonymous, I didn't want to post until said swap was over (as you spammers might let the cat out of the bag-I know you are like giggling schoolgirls in the area of keeping secrets). Anyway, choices were revealed today, so here it is.

This was originally a design I did for a deco. It's original, but owes pretty much everything to Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh-as I've said before, I rip off the work of she and CRM a fair bit (I'm just "inspired" by them that's all).
The center is whole cloth, dry brushed with oils (the archival nuts would detest me, yes) in a palette based on the medicine wheel plus umber. It's quilted in a 35 weight brown thread, and beaded in a rather random manner. I was quite pleased with how it turned out-and also pleased that someone chose it in the swap!


qswap

Here is a detail of the girl's face, feathers and some of the beading:
detail

She will be heading to a new home soon, and I will be receiving a cool beaded quilt in return!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Char your talent never ceases to amaze me. that is a beautiful design!

Sarah

Char said...

Thanks! :)