Monday 26 September 2005

Least of the Recons

Many years ago, my mom bought me a skirt.
The ugliest skirt ever. It was a full-length wrap around skirt. Ewwww...But the fabric was nice, so I kept that skirt for years, thinking there had to be something I could do with it. I got into a mood to 'make' recently and finally reconed it...into another skirt (yeah I know, imaginative).
I made a ten panel skirt with a tulle underskirt, which I wanted to do tambour on. My mom's reaction was one of shock; 'you're making a crinoline?' as if it were skinny jeans or something. Hardly that dark force of satanic power.

Anyway, this is how it turned out:
IMG_0083 copy

Me standing in front of my closet. It turned out shorter than I had intended, as I had not meant to make it sit quite so high on the waist. Still, I think it looks pretty decent for being made by someone who never sews clothes-I do seem to have a hankering lately to change that though.


Here are some detail shots, as I know the affinity you spammy guys have for decent hand embroidery...
the waistband:
IMG_0078

And the tulle underskirt, which I decided to cut rather raggedly (I do like that):
IMG_0079
And no, no one is going to see that embroidery; I just really wanted to do it.

No comments: