Sunday 22 January 2012

Playing Chicken

Over Christmas I actually got to make a few things. All two of you who are part of the in crowd of theo already know about this, but posting it anyway for posterity:
Heh yeah I just stole the pictures off of Holly's blog. I guess the USian government H8s me now. Oh well, not like I ever played by other people's rules. 

I saw a chicken quilt on pinterest, and decided to make one for Holly since she is a pastoralist now--there has to be some advantage to having little char to care for. Although I'm sure little char can probably care for herself, I'm also pretty sure she's probably totally self-absorbed and narcissistic, which means she is very demanding. And she prolly tries to peck out the eyes of all the happy chickens named after hebrew letters who don't give her books even after they promised to. 

Anyway it's a pretty simple piece, just fused the pieces on and machine embroidered, and quilted in a freeform feather pattern. It's been a long time since I've done any extensive machine embroidery, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out (especially because I had no stablizer), but I used some old bounce sheets and went to it. Here is a shot Holly posted of the embroidery.


 Skillz-I still has em.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You are so freaking amazing. Let's see some more of those skillz!

Holly said...

I love my quilt - it is beautiful. And the price you mentioned for similar quilts? Not a problem, I'm willing to bet.

Hah, the Chicken-Not-Named-But-Merely-Alluded-To. You are funny.

Char said...

Sarah! Yeah it's been a long time since I made anything worth posting. Totally miss the old n'ness days...

Holly if you know someone who will give me money for chicken quilts...I just found out I have to pay for another class.