Thursday 11 June 2009

Baa Baa...uh...Different Coloured Sheep...

If you all recall, I only get occasional visits from fibre fairies. They forget about my house frequently enough and I think they do it on purpose to be annoying.

So to make up for their lack of foresight someone brought some wool to the post office for mama to give me. Did I say some wool? I meant lots of wool.

I'm sure you're wondering how much is "lots"? Well...lots:


Yes sir, three bags full (and a bucket too). You know the rest.

And she sent along an old drum carder too...


I admit my first thought was "man I just payed 60 bucks for a pair of hand carders a few months ago!" But hey I can get good use out of that. And I got more fibre-just in time for experiments. I am moving my supplies slowly to Regina...

2 comments:

Warren said...

Good post. And I like the title! I'll have to come and see the drum carder working. Looks cool.

Char said...

It was a cool thing to get for free even if it is old and home made. Google drum carder and see how much they cost!