Saturday 14 May 2005

More thoughts on Petra

Outside of just AAAWWWW.
For you non-Petra lovers (weirdos!), just move right along...

I was playing with the idea of creating a Complete Illustrated Petra about a year ago (before life fell in on me) and now that I know they are retiring, I am once again considering it (even with all the smoldering ruins about). Well it may be therapeutic to revisit things that have made me happy, and the music of Petra was certainly one of those things. Plus now I can truly make it 'complete'.

The plan was to compile all the sketches I had done of their songs, add new ones to finish it out and send it to Bob-maybe he'll enjoy seeing some of the odder takes on his tunes. This is what I spent most of my school time doing, BTW; illustrating Petra songs. Petra rocked and school sucked-so not like I felt bad about it or anything. Some of those drawings go all the way back to when I was about thirteen-and no I never throw away priceless treasures like that. I have boxes upon boxes of old drawings. I have no more room and so am now trying to train myself to a sketch book-it is a slow process.

Anyway, at the Guide to Petra site, they set up a tribute page. I decided to write one and it unexpectedly became rather horrendously long-I got all longwinded at the end especially. Then I forgot to add line breaks-duh. **They fixed it! My tribute is now here all nicely formatted. There are a ton of them there now.

Hee, everyone else's is all 'they meant so much to me' and 'they were a big influence on my life', and mine is all theology and Soli Deo Gloria...I'm such a freak. Hopefully I didn't sound like a pretentious prig. I didn't, right? Right?

No comments: